When using my personal hotspot am I using twice the data?
MAC777

When using personal hotspot on my iphone am I using twice the data?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: When using my personal hotspot am I using twice the data?
USMC_Veteran
Enthusiast - Level 3

MAC777, yes kind of, but depends. If you are using your phone while using the hotspot then yes. Otherwise you are only using the hotspot and whatever apps are still open.It's not really double use, but more use than anything. Like instead of using 5MB you might use 6MB.

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

I'm not 100% sure what you mean, but if you are asking you use double the data since you have data coming to the phone and then data coming from the phone to the other device, the answer is no. The data is only counted once, from the Internet to the phone. Sending it from the phone to the device you connected to the phone does not use cellular data.

USMC_Veteran
Enthusiast - Level 3

MAC777, yes kind of, but depends. If you are using your phone while using the hotspot then yes. Otherwise you are only using the hotspot and whatever apps are still open.It's not really double use, but more use than anything. Like instead of using 5MB you might use 6MB.

Hope this helps

0 Likes
MAC777

Thanks for the reply. You are correct! After talking to customer service they told me the exact same thing. Thanks again.

0 Likes
MAC777

You are right it is not double the data but, it is more. Customer service finally got back to me on this and that was their reply.

0 Likes