When will wifi calling be available?
Ancientsteamer

Now that the FCC has approved VZW's waiver request (mid-November).  I have NO LTE coverage in my home and only one bar of 3G coverage, so I cannot use my iPhone 6 from my home.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: When will wifi calling be available?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Ancientsteamer

I can definitely understand your desire to have a reliable network connection in and around your home.  I would love to assist!

Although I don’t currently have any information to provide you on Wi-Fi calling availability, I would like to further troubleshoot your signal issue.  In what zip code are you experiencing service problems?  Are you having problems with voice and/or data services?  How is service outdoors at this location?  Please let me know so that I can further assist.

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ancientsteamer

My home is in zip code 19335. I don't have data problems because I have wifi. I can get an adequate LTE signal on Peck Rd.

Which is about 100 yds. From my home.

Sent from my iPhone by: Don Peavy

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Ancientsteamer

Thanks for the additional information!  I show you’re in a good 4G LTE coverage area.  Let’s take a closer look.

When did this problem with your signal begin?  How’s service outdoors at this location?  With Wi-Fi turned off, how many signal strength bars do you get?  Lastly, do you have a case or cover on your device?  If so, please remove the case/cover and let me know if signal improves.

AnthonyTa_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ancientsteamer

Anthony,

The problem has existed since I changed to Verizon from AT&T with my iPhone 6.

Outdoors, I get more than 1 bar (dot) but still only 3G, until I move more than 100 yards either east or west. Then I get LTE, but only 2 to 3 bars.

I have a puregear case. Removing the case has no effect (still one bar – no LTE.)

Thanks,

Don Peavy

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This additional information is very helpful, thanks Donald. A further review of my resources indicate that several areas in Downingtown are considered of variable coverage for reasons outside of our control, and indoor service is more challenging in those areas due to structural interference. I have sent you a direct message as we need to access your account in order to explore options to improve your service at home. Please reply to my direct message at your earliest convenience.

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes