While in Canada
bryanjlane

We have the THE VERIZON PLAN X LARGE 12GB plan.  My daughter is in Canda for a few days and wants to know if there are additional charges for text, calls, data, roaming, etc...  

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: While in Canada
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would be more than happy to assist you with your questions for staying connected while in Canada. We do suggest using an international plan for staying connected while traveling internationally. Here is a link with all of our plans: http://spr.ly/66091eIvZ .

EllisandraC_VZW

0 Likes
Re: While in Canada
rcschnoor
Legend

@ellisandrac_vzw 

You should REALLY do a bit of research before you post a reply pointing at an additional cost to a user which really didn't need it.

From the faq for the Verizon Plan XL, you can find the following:

I travel to Mexico and Canada a lot. Can I use my phone there like I do at home with the new Verizon Plan?

Yes, if you're on a current XL* or XXL* shared data plan, you can use your domestic talk, text and data allowance in Canada or Mexico.

If you have our current S, M or L shared data plan, for $5/day you can get our TravelPass®, which lets you use your phone in Canada and Mexico with:

• Unlimited calls
  • Unlimited messages
  • Use of your domestic plan data

*Only those who have the current S, M or L plan can change to XL and XXL plans. Changing to XL or XXL can be done in Verizon Retail stores, through select Verizon authorized retailers and through Verizon customer service. Changing isn’t available through the My Verizon app or My Verizon online.

SO, it appears the there would be absolutely NO additional charges for the OP's daughter using her phone in Canada, however you pointed them to an internation plan which would have been an additional charge for the customer.

Your reply just reinforces the image Verizon has that it likes to squeeze every last cent out of its customers.

0 Likes