Why Does My iPhone 6s Die With A 35% Battery?
DHigdon1
Enthusiast - Level 1

My phone will be working as normal and with at least  30-45% battery left then DIE!  its own and If i wait about 10minutes it will cut back on I thought I was not thinking clearly but I saw it occur a few more times. I then one day saw that Apple recognized this as manufacturing issue yet no plan on how to resolve this yet. Now my issue is the problem has now become more erratic. So does anyone know what I am to do? I cant file a claim with Verizon and I am unsure whether to take it to the apple guys in the mall. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Iphone 6s - Power dies at 35% randomly
Weth
Legend

Take it to the Apple Store.  This is a known software bug in the iOS 10 updates.  You likely recently updated your phone iOS. 

Apple iOS 10 bug said to cause rapid battery drain - Business Insider

View solution in original post

Weth
Legend

Take it to the Apple Store.  This is a known software bug in the iOS 10 updates.  You likely recently updated your phone iOS. 

Apple iOS 10 bug said to cause rapid battery drain - Business Insider

gonefishin1

Check out this link to see if you are eligible for a free replacement... iPhone 6s Program for Unexpected Shutdown Issues - Apple Support

0 Likes
ababab

crashes for no reason yet when submitting the serial number it claims the phone is not eligible. typical apple as soon as new phones come out they degrade perfectly working phones.  for such smart techies why not ensure the software upgrades dont make the phone unusable. very dissapointed

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Have you attempted to run a device health check on the device? https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-206337/  JoelD_VZW

0 Likes