Why Is The Sound Cutting Out During Calls?
mountaingal22
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had my new iphone 6s for a few weeks now, and have had a lot of trouble with the sound cutting out on my end when I am having a phone conversation. I'll be talking to someone and then they will start saying 'hello?' 'hello?'. I will try talking or moving and sometimes I will regain the connection. Sometimes the call gets dropped. I had an iphone 5 that I traded in for this phone and I never had problems with the sound cutting in and out. I am in the same house, with the same internet, wi-fi, etc. So what could be causing the voice connection problems?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Sound cutting out in phone calls on new iphone 6s
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Do you have Advanced calling active on the account? It's possible that may be the issue if AC still isn't at its best in your area.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congrats on your new phone mountaingal22. I'm sorry to hear the sound is having issues. Does it occur with every call? Do you have issues with a bluetooth device or headset? We would love to help get this issue resolved.

KVZWuanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @ZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mountaingal22
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

It does occur with every call, but it is unpredictable when it will occur. I do not use a headset, but I have a bluetooth device in my car and it does the same thing when I make a call on that. Mostly though, I notice it when I am just talking on the phone itself.

0 Likes
mountaingal22
Enthusiast - Level 2

Does anyone at Verizon have any thoughts on this?

Wahoo63
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue.  Other people tell me my voice cuts out during the call.  I have a new iPhone 6S.  I have called Verizon several times with no solutions.  I live near several towers in a large suburban community near Columbus, Ohio.  So frustrating.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Wahoo63-

You have a wonderful device and I want to make sure your voice is heard.  I want all of your calls to be crystal clear.  When did the trouble begin with your voice cutting out during the calls?  What is your zip code?  Does this occur when you're indoors or outdoors?  Keep me posted.

EmmaMaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate the details about your call issues mountaingal22. If you never had this issue with your previous device, it may be your phone that is having issues. Is thee any damage to your device?

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mountaingal22
Enthusiast - Level 2

Absolutely perfect condition. No damage. Barely had it for more than a few weeks.

mountaingal22
Enthusiast - Level 2

83703 is zip code. I notice it both inside and outside. Trouble started right when I got the phone.

kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Do you have Advanced calling active on the account? It's possible that may be the issue if AC still isn't at its best in your area.