Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Why am I paying for Total Equipment Coverage Insurance when Asurion tells me my iPhone 6 Plus is no longer covered? Has anyone else run into this?
Keglerking

So, I'm merely trying to get my iPhone 6 Plus repaired/replaced via insurance.  Sure, it's an old phone, but when it was working, I loved it.  I don't want to have to buy another phone right now.  I cannot tell you how many hoops I've already jumped through, so to cut to the point:  I have Total Equipment Coverage Insurance on the phone, purchased when I bought the phone.  Cost is $11.40/month.  That's $136.80/year.  I figure I've spent close to $1k on insurance alone for it.  Contacted Verizon/Asurion to file a claim.  CSR tells me phone is no longer under warranty.  (Manufacturer's warranty, yes; TEC EXTENDED WARRANTY, no, according to the Plan information.)  Granted, I'd have to pay the deductible of $189, but I'd rather go that route than have to spend big bucks on a new phone.  Anybody out there have any advice?  I cannot tolerate getting the runaround from these companies.

0 Likes
Re: Why am I paying for Total Equipment Coverage Insurance when Asurion tells me m...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello there Keglerking and thank you for reaching out to us today. We are concerned to learn that you have been having this experience and we are here to help look into this further. Does the iPhone 6 Plus you are replacing have any physical damage at all? Is that the phone you were using at the time the claim was filed or have you not used the phone for some time? -Candice

0 Likes
Re: Why am I paying for Total Equipment Coverage Insurance when Asurion tells me m...
Keglerking

Hi, Candice:

Either the Verizon / Asurion CSR I spoke to was new to her job or she needs better training. Not one to give up, I went to my nearby Verizon Store in Des Plaines, IL and was helped by Vanessa Gomez. Vanessa was fantastic!  She listened to and understood my problem, looked up my account and assured me that my iPhone 6 Plus was, indeed, covered under the TEC insurance plan.

After doing some Level 1 troubleshooting, Vanessa contacted Tech Support where, after additional Level 2 troubleshooting, it was determined my phone was inoperable and I would get a replacement iPhone - an iPhone 7 Plus, since support on the iPhone 6 Plus was discontinued.  My replacement iPhone arrived in a couple of days, and I am quite pleased with it.

Many thanks to Vanessa and Level 2 Tech Support for making me a very satisfied customer.

Sincerely,

Tony Cortese

[email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service]

0 Likes