Why are contacts from our new iPhone appearing on our old one?
ABowersock

I have an iPhone 6 and husband just purchased an iphone6S. His contacts have loaded onto my phone. Also, I try to text him and the text is sent back to my phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: recently added a 2nd iPhone and new iPhone contacts have loaded onto my phone. Why?
koolmexdude
Enthusiast - Level 3

You probably used the same Apple ID on the phones and/or used the same iTunes "backup" (or one related to the same Apple ID)  to set both phones.

Use a different Apple ID for each owner/user. If you set up a an iPhone with an iTunes "backup" (if you have any), use your own. Otherwise, set your iPhone as a "New iPhone" when setting up.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: recently added a 2nd iPhone and new iPhone contacts have loaded onto my phone. Why?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are the two phones signed into the same Apple ID for iMessage, iCloud, and the App Store? Each phone needs to have separate Apple IDs to avoid this situation.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ABowersock It's important to have your husband's contacts saved to his iPhone. This happens when two users have the exact same Apple ID. Please let us know if this is the case with you and your husband's devices.

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
koolmexdude
Enthusiast - Level 3

You probably used the same Apple ID on the phones and/or used the same iTunes "backup" (or one related to the same Apple ID)  to set both phones.

Use a different Apple ID for each owner/user. If you set up a an iPhone with an iTunes "backup" (if you have any), use your own. Otherwise, set your iPhone as a "New iPhone" when setting up.

0 Likes