Why can't I back up my device?
Jhangen

I recently just got an iPhone 6 less then 2 months now. And I keep getting a message that says there is not enough storage and that the phone can't be backed up. I have no clue what I need to do. Thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Phone can't be backed up???
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Chances are you have more data on your phone than the available 5 gb free iCloud space you're provided. You can check under settings and iCloud to see what your available iCloud space is. You can also manage what actually gets backed up to your iCloud to help make backing up successful. Other options are to add additional storage (price varies) or opt to do full backups manually via your computer using iTunes.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Jhangen

I want to ensure you're able to backup your newly purchased iPhone 6 device!  What application are you using to back up your device, Verizon Cloud or iCloud?  What is your device's current available memory http://vz.to/1OzZ3d2?  Please let me know so that I can further assist.

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Jhangen

I believe I am using the iCloud but I'm not for some sure exactly. And I'm also not sure on my memory availability either. I attempted to use the link but was unable to connect to it. I'm sorry I'm not much help. But this is the message I get. Thank you

Jessica

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Chances are you have more data on your phone than the available 5 gb free iCloud space you're provided. You can check under settings and iCloud to see what your available iCloud space is. You can also manage what actually gets backed up to your iCloud to help make backing up successful. Other options are to add additional storage (price varies) or opt to do full backups manually via your computer using iTunes.

0 Likes