Why can't I call my home phone from my iPhone 6?
michael8452
Enthusiast - Level 2

my phone works fine except when i call my home land line,it rings a half a ring,then asks for my verizon voicemail password to get my voicemail,so i can not call my home because of this,any help?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: help with iphone 6
rcschnoor
Legend

It sounds as if you are having your home phone(land line) forwarded to your cell phone. You may have to disable call forwarding from your home phone.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
frommage
Contributor - Level 2

When you dial your home land line are you using speed dial or the full ten digit number? Check the contact of "home" in your phone and make sure it's not saved in the number 1 contact spot and or upon further review doesn't have a *86 in front of it.

0 Likes
michael8452
Enthusiast - Level 2

did not work.but i appreciate the help!

0 Likes
frommage
Contributor - Level 2

Can you explain how you are dialing the number?

0 Likes
michael8452
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had it in speed dial, then removed it, also deleted it from contacts, then dialed 1 and area Code and number and still same thing

Michael

0 Likes
frommage
Contributor - Level 2

I'm at a loss..... what provider are they on?

0 Likes
michael8452
Enthusiast - Level 2

Home phone is wow cable , have them for Internet and the 1 land line phone

Michael

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

It sounds as if you are having your home phone(land line) forwarded to your cell phone. You may have to disable call forwarding from your home phone.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

If wow cable has a web interface for your account, you may be able to disable call forwarding from there.

michael8452
Enthusiast - Level 2

Omg! Disabling all numbers that have been used for call forwarding worked! Thank you so much!!!!!

Michael