Why can't I receive voice mails?
rakasab
Enthusiast - Level 2

I purchased a IPhone 6S, and recently discovered I'm unable to receive voicemails.  When I click on the Voicemail link within Phone, it dials a number and asks for a mailbox number I do not have.  Please advise.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: IPhone 6S Voicemail
rakasab
Enthusiast - Level 2

I went to a Verizon store yesterday for help. They called Verizon tech

while I was there. There had been a mistake with the service provider, not

my phone. Everything is repaired. Thanks.

On Saturday, April 9, 2016, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Voice mails are essential in today's world rakasab. Let's work together to get your voice mail box working. what happens when you manually dial your mobile number on your cell phone to access your voice mail? Have you ever been able to use the visual voice mail on the iPhone 6s? As you share the details then we can troubleshoot together.

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rakasab
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for the quick response and work to get this resolved.

When I call my number from another phone, I get to a generalized mailbox (the same automated instructions as when I dial voicemail from my phone).

And I do not know what visual voicemail is.  I just hope for people to be able to leave a "normal" message.

0 Likes
rakasab
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I click the voicemail icon or if I call my phone from another line, I

receive the same automated answer asking for a mailbox number. I attempted

giving my phone number and my PIN number with no success.

I am unsure when this issue began, but I have been able to use the

regular voicemail in the past. I am unfamiliar with visual voicemail.

On Tuesday, April 5, 2016, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rakasab-

You have a great phone! I also own an iPhone and Visual Voicemail is a feature I use often. Let's make sure this works for you. What happens when you dial *86 Send? Are you able to access your Voicemail. Let's reset some settings to update your Voicemail. Please go into Settings>general>reset>reset network settings. Your phone will reboot, please go into your Phone icon, select Voicemail and let me know if you are able to use this on your end. 

CarmenT_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate you and your business it is important to get your voicemail up and running. To confirm are you a prepaid customer or a postpaid customer?

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rakasab
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried the *86 and arrived at the same "Message Management System" as the

other access attempts. And I tried the Network Reset process yesterday,

based on some community board recommendations. No change.

On another message, a member of your team asked about prepaid or postpaid.

This is a "normal" month to month payment with a two year (I

think) contract. I purchased the phone at a Verizon store on the first day

6S was available.

And I determined that I had voicemail at least seven weeks ago. I'm not

sure when it was lost.

On Thursday, April 7, 2016, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rakasab,

Thanks for giving that a shot. We may want to make sure that you have the feature on your line. You can view and add features to your line of service by logging into your online My Verizon account and in doing so you can check to see if you are subscribed to voicemail and add the feature if necessary. See how to add and change features here http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/how-to-change-features-video/.

AdamG_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rakasab
Enthusiast - Level 2

I went to a Verizon store yesterday for help. They called Verizon tech

while I was there. There had been a mistake with the service provider, not

my phone. Everything is repaired. Thanks.

On Saturday, April 9, 2016, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes