Why can't I send or receive group text messages?
jlwordlaw

I'm having trouble receiving group text messages or not seeing their responses in group messages. How can this issue be resolved? My network settings been reset, I've removed certain contacts from my address book and re-entered and still no resolution.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Group Text Messaging
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jlwordlaw, seeing it is believing it. You can enable LTE on in Settings>Cellular>Enable LTE for Voice and Data.

For more device support, click the link below:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/

LasinaHsVZWH_VZW
FolVZW us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer�Answer� under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Group text messaging is an important part of daily life, jlwordlaw. Do you have group messaging on in Settings – Messages – Group Messages. Are you using iMessage to group message? Do you have LTE on when you are group messaging. LTE needs to be enabled when group messaging.

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jlwordlaw

Thank you. How can I tell if LTE is enabled? All the other items you asked, I've always had enabled. I even went to the store just recently and they stated everything for group texting was set up correctly.

0 Likes
vdastoli1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Are your group messages including only Iphone users or a mix of iphone and android/windows users?  If a mix of iphone and windows/android it gets really messy with apple.

Iphone doesn't send traditional texts it uses data whereas android uses text (in the easiest way I can describe).  If you or someone on the chain recently converted from apple to android then it gets VERY VERY messy because apple holds on to their old apple id and does not release it.  I have family members that left apple went online and followed the process to remove their information from apple and they still have trouble because the other apple phones they used to communicate with have that old id stored on their phones. 

GOOD LUCK WITH THIS ONE!  Best solution, go to android and problem solved

jlwordlaw

Thanks. But I left android because I started having the issue with my Galaxy phone. I was having this issue with a mixture of iPhone and Android phone users. So I thought coming to Apple, the issue would correct itself and it didn't. It corrected itself for other users who had the same issue I had but with different phone service providers. It's to the point, I need an IT person to really take a look.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jlwordlaw, seeing it is believing it. You can enable LTE on in Settings>Cellular>Enable LTE for Voice and Data.

For more device support, click the link below:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/

LasinaHsVZWH_VZW
FolVZW us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer�Answer� under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SallyT02169
Enthusiast - Level 2

same problem exists on Andriod. this suddenly cropped up after the last update in January and I haven't been able to receive group text messages (message+) since. as I can't use the phone for texting, I'm questioning my reason for keeping it.