Why can't I send pictures or video to an AT&T device?
Medic7046
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an iphone 6 and cannot send pic/video from the native iphone message app to an At&t android phone. I downloaded the vzw message+ app and had no trouble sending to the same At&T andoid phone.  I have no problems sending pic/video to an At&t iphone user or any verizon user.  I don't want to use the message+ app. Whats the deal?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cannot sent pic/video to At&t android phone!!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Medic7046,

Thanks so much for getting back to us and for checking into those possibilities for me. To be clear... when you send the picture and text together the text shoudl be in a separate bubble immediately after the picture. This text box is white? Please confirm. Also, please try deleting the person's contact in your phone and then re-making it from scratch and see if the same thing occurs. Thanks.

EricW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Medic7046,

Thanks for reaching out to us on our forums. We appreciate hearing from you. Sorry to hear about any trouble using your iPhone's messaging application to send messages. Thanks for trying another messaging app to help move the troubleshooting process along. That was a great and useful step. Since the message goes without issue using another app, most likely there's something happening with Apple's system. iPhones will attempt to convert to iMessage if there's any discrpency with the other user's status as an Apple service user. This will then fail if they are actually using another type of device. Do you know if that person used to have an iPhone? When you try sending messages to them in the Apple app, is the message in a blue or a green chat bubble? Have you been able to try removing and re-creating their contact in your phone?

EricW_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Medic7046
Enthusiast - Level 2

No the person never had an iphone. They have always had android, it's green when I send regular text message, but there's no color when i send a pic. It doesn't even give me the sent or delivered like with a regular text. I have not tried removing and re-creating the contact.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Medic7046,

Thanks so much for getting back to us and for checking into those possibilities for me. To be clear... when you send the picture and text together the text shoudl be in a separate bubble immediately after the picture. This text box is white? Please confirm. Also, please try deleting the person's contact in your phone and then re-making it from scratch and see if the same thing occurs. Thanks.

EricW_VZW

0 Likes