Why cant my sister receive my texts?
Jaybabe58

I have Verizon, she has AT&T.  Since I got my new iphone 6 Plus, she cant see my texts.  I get her texts fine (and everyone else), but she does not receive any of mine.  I am the only person she has a problem with texting, and she is the only problem I have.   I receive her texts but when I answer, she never gets the text.  I have tried resetting my phone, changed the settings, turned imessage on and off and on again, searched for answers on Verizon support site.  I see that this is a problem with lot of people, not just me, beginning in July 2013.  Is there an answer or fix yet?  She has had her phone in to see if they could figure out why she cant see my texts....she does not have me blocked in any way.  What should I do?  This is a BRAND NEW PHONE THAT I PAID $500 FOR, AND THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!

Thanks for your help in advance,

Jeanette

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why cant my sister receive my texts?
narntek
Contributor - Level 3

The only reason I could see this happening is if she recently switched from an iPhone to a droid, unless she also has an iPhone. The iPhone has a unique way under messages to see if the message has been delivered. Underneath the chat bubble (that is also if you are using an iPhone and she also is), it will either say failed or delivered. If it says failed it is because there is something not set up right on your phone if she had just switched to a different device. You should go to settings, messages, iMessage, and there should be a way to click on USE regular message when iMessage not available. That should fix the problem if she has also just switched.

0 Likes
Jaybabe58

I should add that she has a Samsung Galaxy 4, AT&T service, and this problem started when I got my iphone 6 Plus.

0 Likes
Jaybabe58

I tried that, and it didnt work, thanks anyway.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is vital for us to determine why your sister is not able to get your messages. I would recommend both of you having an investigation done by your respective cellular providers to make sure the messages are being transmitted by the cellular service provider. Please be on the lookout for a direct message from me.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
narntek
Contributor - Level 3

No problem. I literally had the exact same problem when I got my 5S a year back and that fixed it. Apple actually had a lawsuit filed against them for holding text messages on their servers, and not delivering them to their intended recipient because of the fact that person had an Android or other phone than an iPhone. I'm not sure how it was settled, but yours could be involved partway because of that problem.

0 Likes
kaykayl
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a google phone she has an apple and it just started yesterday. I can get her texts and mine fail.

I am verizon, she is AT&T. We had a similar issue with different phones a couple of years ago and AT&T fixed it....mine was samsung and hers was apple.

Frustrating

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kaykayl,

Being able to send text messages is essential, especially when it comes to family members. I want to ensure that this is corrected.

Normally the first thing we would look at is whether her device is sending iMessages or SMS text messages. Did your sister recently change to the iPhone? Do you recall what steps AT&T used to resolve this previously?

ColinH_VZW

0 Likes