Why do my apps keep closing and why am I dropping calls?
SusanDisharoon

On January 20, 2015, I purchased an iPhone 6 Plus. Within two weeks a new Sim card had to be installed.  For the last month, intermittently, two things have been happening.

The first, while talking on the phone, I will hear half a ring and another person will be automatically connected and I will lose the conversation with the first person. 

The second problem I am experiencing, is being in any app whether that be Facebook, calendar, contacts, searching the web, etc. the screen goes black and usually within a few seconds I'm back to the main screen.  A couple of times I have had to push the button at the bottom of the phone in order to return to the main screen.  Either way, I have lost whatever it was  on which I was working.

Please advise.  Both of these are most annoying  and troublesome.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Please Advise
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I'm so sorry you are having issues with applications and calls on your iPhone 6-Plus SusanDisharoon. You have an awesome phone and I know its upsetting to have problems when purchasing a new phone. The information Loquat provided is great. We always recommend a factory reset as a last step to resolving functionality issues on your device. If the SIM as already been replaced, we would also advise that stopping by our corporate store or an Apple store for an evaluation is great.

You can also try removing the problematic apps and try to redownload them to your phone. If you have an 3rd party display or screen saver apps, you may want to remove those also to see if they may be causing issues with your phone. If you continue to have the issue, we may need to discuss replacement options.

Please keep us posted.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Loquat
Master - Level 1

As much as it my suck...I'd try a factory reset...just to make sure you don't have any issues with software.  SIM card replacement is typical on an iPhone so no a huge area of concern.  But if this continues to happen I'd be making a trip to the Apple Store...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I'm so sorry you are having issues with applications and calls on your iPhone 6-Plus SusanDisharoon. You have an awesome phone and I know its upsetting to have problems when purchasing a new phone. The information Loquat provided is great. We always recommend a factory reset as a last step to resolving functionality issues on your device. If the SIM as already been replaced, we would also advise that stopping by our corporate store or an Apple store for an evaluation is great.

You can also try removing the problematic apps and try to redownload them to your phone. If you have an 3rd party display or screen saver apps, you may want to remove those also to see if they may be causing issues with your phone. If you continue to have the issue, we may need to discuss replacement options.

Please keep us posted.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes