Why does i cloud delete my contacts when activated on my phone
lojo84

Has anyone had the problem of icloud wiping out their contact list when turned on like I'm having?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why does i cloud delete my contacts when activated on my phone
nlepore93
Enthusiast - Level 2

i would try removing the icloud account then readding the account. it could be a communication issue between your phone and the icloud authentication server. another thing it could be is that the contacts for icloud is turned off and icloud is deleting these contacts for security reasons. go into the settings app, tap the Mail, Contacts, Calanders section and under accounts tap on icloud then check to see if Contacts is turned on or off. You can also get to this point by just opening settings then tapping the icloud section.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
nlepore93
Enthusiast - Level 2

i would try removing the icloud account then readding the account. it could be a communication issue between your phone and the icloud authentication server. another thing it could be is that the contacts for icloud is turned off and icloud is deleting these contacts for security reasons. go into the settings app, tap the Mail, Contacts, Calanders section and under accounts tap on icloud then check to see if Contacts is turned on or off. You can also get to this point by just opening settings then tapping the icloud section.

0 Likes
lojo84

Thank you for taking the time out to help out with my problem. I took a look and the contacts were turned on in i cloud. I'll check with my son in-law on how to delete and re-establishing my i cloud account. If you have a tip on doing this that would be great since I wont be talking to him for a couple of weeks. I was talking to the Apple customer support people a couple of times but when I got busy at work, they offered to call back at a designated time but they never called back.

Thanks again!

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

I Suggest getting help from Apple, not Verizon.  Apple covers your warranty and will know of problems and solutions your carrier may not.

I Have a few questions, which may help fix your problem...

IF you open contacts and tap on groups (top left corner).    It lists all sources of contacts, are they all checked?  If not, do so, then tap "Done".   does this do anything?

Next , if you can, use a computer to logon to icloud.com with your Apple ID and password.  This will access your backups and will have your contact list.  

IS your list there?

0 Likes