Why does my device freeze during setup at the 'slide to upgrade' screen?
JenniferIsthisnamelon
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just got a 6s plus, and got through most of the setup, but when I get to the above screen, it no longer responds to the screen.  I've tried shutting it off, and it keeps hanging at the same spot every time.  I also tried taking out the SIM card and reinstalling that, all to no avail.  Ideas?

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: freezes during setup at 'slide to upgrade' screen
JenniferIsthisnamelon
Enthusiast - Level 1

I took my phone to an Apple store, and they fixed it.  The problem is a known defect in IOS 9.0.0, and the fix was them using iTunes to update the os to version 9.0.2. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That would definitely put a crimp in your phone usage Jennifer. When you chose "slide to upgrade" did it proceed at all with the process?  If you reboot the phone are you able to regain functionality until you choose "slide to upgrade" again?
MatthewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tdcptrm
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem. 

SLide to to upgrade does nothing - it just continues to display slide to upgrade.

Restarting the phone produces the same result

0 Likes
JenniferIsthisnamelon
Enthusiast - Level 1

I took my phone to an Apple store, and they fixed it.  The problem is a known defect in IOS 9.0.0, and the fix was them using iTunes to update the os to version 9.0.2. 

0 Likes