Why does my device keep randomly muting itself?
WhiteScreen
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can someone help with this sometimes my iPhone 6 mutes its self then calls someone on my contact list ??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: while on a call iphone 6 mutes its self
cameo2u2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since the last upgrade and a few setting changes, my phone seems to have stopped muting itself. I will let you know if it starts back. Thank you for your help.

Sent from my iPhone

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's bring back the noise! Did this start after installing a new app or update? Does it mute the ringer volume or call volume?
YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
WhiteScreen
Enthusiast - Level 2

when i'm talking on the phone it mutes its self no I've not installed no apps the ringer works fine

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the details, WhiteScreen. When did this start? Do you have any damage to your phone? Does this happen on every call, or just specific contacts/times? Does this happen when you're using any audio accessories?

DanielK_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I'm wondering if perhaps your face is initiating the muting (happens sometimes if the screen doesn't go black and allows the options to still be on the screen...so your face touching it would trigger things). If you're still under warranty you may want Apple to check it out to make sure your sensor isn't faulty.

0 Likes
cameo2u2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the exact same problem. My Iphone 6 mutes while I am on calls and I am sure that I am not touching the screen with my cheek. I have only had it call random people once and I restarted my phone. It will mute and then pull my contact list though. My phone started this about 2-3 months ago.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cameo2u2 Let’s get these calls stabilized. How frequently does this happen? Had you done anything different 2-3 months ago? Are you up to date on your software?

JoelR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

cameo2u2
Enthusiast - Level 2

It happens almost daily but randomly. I am usually only on my phone early in the morning before work and again on my way home after work.  I am up to date on all the iphone updates. A new update just came through this morning. I havent used my phone more than about 5 minutes since the update though. I also turned my phone LTE to data only. I read somewhere that doing this may help. I have had my phone almost a year and this has just started happening the last few months. Also, once my phone mutes, my contact list will appear.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for this information Cameo2u2. This is helpful information as we work towards a solution to issues your expierencing. You mentioned having your iPhone 6 up to date with the software. However, can you confirm the software version on your device? The steps are From the Home screen, navigate: Settings > General > About to view the software version. 
EdwinW_VZW

0 Likes
cameo2u2
Enthusiast - Level 2

9.2.1 (13D15)

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes