Why does my signal switch from LTE to 1x to 3G and back to LTE constantly all day?
skins2848

I recently switched from AT&T, something I am beginning to regret, and never had this issue. I was always on LTE with AT&T. Plus, when I am on LTE with Verizon, it is horrendously slow most of the time.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Why does my signal switch from LTE to 1x to 3G and back to LTE constantly all day?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

skinks2848,

Sorry to hear about trouble with your service. We're glad you decided to join our family and want to make sure you have a positive experience. In many cases it's normal for signal to fluctuate. Let's see if we can learn more about your situation to determine what may be going on. Do you travel to multiple locations throughout the day or are you generally in one place while this is happening? If this happens in one place, please advise if this is an indoor or outdoor location.

EricW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Why does my signal switch from LTE to 1x to 3G and back to LTE constantly all day?
skins2848

Typically I travel from to work and back. It is worse when I am at work, but still happens at home. I do work indoors, though not in a basement. I work on the first floor, about 20 feet from a window. 

I understand signal fluctuation, but I spend 95% of my day on 3G. With AT&T, I don't recall ever seeing my phone on 3G. I have not moved or switched jobs, my routine is the exact same as it was a month ago when I decided to switch to Verizon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you so much for the additional information skins2848. We can understand your concern and want to help get you a stable signal as soon as possible. Has your device had any type of updates or anything since activating? Any other users in the area having the same trouble?

CandiceH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MITDAV14

Have you tried resetting your network settings? Sometimes the iPhone just needs a quick refresh to find a steady signal. You can accomplish this by going to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings. If you have a passcode set on your device it will ask you to confirm the reset. Doing this will NOT delete any personal information on the phone such as contacts and photos. Allow the device to reboot and wait about 5 minutes for the phone to reconnect to the network. In my experience, following these steps have solved most service connection issues Smiley Happy

0 Likes
skins2848

There was an iOS update and a carrier settings update since activating.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

skins2848,

Thanks for sharing that information with us. We want to know a bit more about what's going on so that we can work towards a resolution. You mentioned before that you travel to and from work. Can you please share how far a distance you're traveling with us? Also, what's the zip codes for both your home and work?

ShawnteJ_VZW

0 Likes
skins2848

The distance is only about 7 miles from 46835 to 46802.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for providing the distance for us, this helps. A cellsite generally covers about 3 miles. With the issue following you this distance we need to ask more questions about the device. Have you ever gone greater than this distance and had the issue follow you? BobbyN_VZW

0 Likes
skins2848

Not since I activated service. That is about as far as I've gone.

0 Likes