Why is my device freezing and opening incorrect apps?
CJCoil

My iphone has been doing crazy things for two weeks and getting worse!! It freezes, zoom in for no reason, ill click on an app and some other app opens!  Its getting worse!! I cleared cookies..

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Iphone 6p now freezing, zooming, opening wrong app
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

While most software updates load without issue, at times something can cause them to glitch out and go corrupt, CJCoil. Not to worry, as we’ve got this for you. Restoring your phone via iTunes typically clears out the glitches. Here’s a link with steps to complete this. http://apple.co/1GEYTtu We do recommend backing your phone up to iCloud or Verizon Cloud prior to completing this step so everything goes back to how you have it.

LynnD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Random actions on this awesome device isn’t what we’d expect, CJCoil. We’re on the case. What’s changed (i.e. software update, new apps, etc) on the device since this issue began? How much memory is available on the device?

LynnD_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Tierneyab
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem, also horrible static on the line.

0 Likes
CJCoil

Updated to 9.1. 37 gigs of space.

Didnt notice this until update, but not sure about that.

Sent from CJ's Iphone6p

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want you to have a clear call experience, Tierneyab! Does this issue occur in multiple locations? Does it occur with a particular contact (s)?
YosefT_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

While most software updates load without issue, at times something can cause them to glitch out and go corrupt, CJCoil. Not to worry, as we’ve got this for you. Restoring your phone via iTunes typically clears out the glitches. Here’s a link with steps to complete this. http://apple.co/1GEYTtu We do recommend backing your phone up to iCloud or Verizon Cloud prior to completing this step so everything goes back to how you have it.

LynnD_VZW

0 Likes
CJCoil

Tried that, didnt work went to verizon, and they

Trouble shot it with tech support.

Said to do it again and dont

Put my things back on it but

One or two at a time for 24 hrs each!

Really... Said there may be a corrupt

Picture or file and id have to find it that way??

That could take weeks!!???

Sent from CJ's Iphone6p

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Time it takes to troubleshoot your device is inconvenient at best, CJCoil. We appreciate you being a trooper and handing in with us through all the steps. It’s definitely possible a specific app or file is corrupt, and causing the phone’s random actions. While it can be tedious to go through this process, it will yield the best results once the corrupt app/data file is discovered and we’ll know how to proceed. Please keep us posted.

LynnD_VZW

0 Likes