Why is there no customer service support to activate my device?
Rexesrule
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been trying to reach customer service for two days to activate a phone.  The online method does not work.  The iPhone 6 has a different SIM card than the iPhone 5, and after entering the new device IMEI, the next step given is to switch SIM's.  This is incorrect.  Why is there no live human being to help with this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why is there no customer service support to activate my device?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I thought the iPhone 5 and iPhone 6 both used the nano SIM card size.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you were unable to reach a live representative Rexesrule. Did you receive a SIM card with your new phone? If not, we can always send you a new SIM Card or you can get one at the local corporate store.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Rexesrule
Enthusiast - Level 1

All iPhone 6's for Verizon come with a preinstalled SIM card, one that has added security features not found on the iPhone 5's, so the instructions on the website to swap the SIM from the 5 to the 6 are actually not correct. I have already gone through the process of activating one iPhone 6 over the phone with a customer rep, but I now have to do this for another family member on my account.  It was easy the first time, because there was a person who called me after I requested a call back.  This time, after waiting on hold forever and being cut off completely several times for the last three evenings, I have been unable to reach anyone, other than a live chat person yesterday who could only refer me to the website or tell me to go to a Verizon store.  As I have been out of town and trying to take care of this remotely, and now having returned home, I guess I will now have to journey to a phone store to get this figured out.  It just seems like a phone company should answer the phone!