Why isn't wi-fi calling working?
tunester63
Enthusiast - Level 2

My wife and I both have the iPhone6.  Neither will make or receive calls via wifi.  We have little to no cell coverage at home.  We can be sitting in the same room and try to call each other and get a message saying the number you are dialing does not except calls over wifi.  Did a lengthy chat with Verizon.  They suggested backing up the phone and doing a factory reset and then update software.  Did all that and still no wifi calling.  we have tried turning off cell data and calling from her work (good wifi) to my work (good wifi).  Still can't make calls.  Have tried with landline to cells also - same result.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: wi-fi calling not working
Weth
Legend

Here is your solution:

You you must dial all 10 digits, including area code, with wifi calling. If you only dial 7, you get that error.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tunester63
Enthusiast - Level 2

I forgot to add the both phones show VZW Wi-Fi when cell data not available. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Wifi calling is a great feature. I'm definitely ready to help make sure you get setup. There is a feature that is necessary called HD Voice. Do you know if you have had that added by us when we spoke with you in the chat you mentioned? Have you also gone in and activated Wifi Calling as well?

From the Home screen, navigate: Settings Settings icon > Cellular.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tap Cellular Data Options.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tap Enable LTE.

Tap Voice & Data

JosephT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Here is your solution:

You you must dial all 10 digits, including area code, with wifi calling. If you only dial 7, you get that error.

0 Likes
MalibuCANE
Enthusiast - Level 1

Wifi calling was working great for my wife and I at home until early last week. It just stopped working! We don't get the VZW WiFi icon at the top anymore either. Please help!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

When a feature suddenly stops, that’s when we come in, MalibuCANE. Is this on the iPhone 6 as well? If not let us know the make and model that you are using. Typically the first step in troubleshooting anything is to power off the phone and back on again, so I hope this has been tried. What recent changes have happened to the devices? Any new apps or updates?

DavidH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tunester63
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is an iphone6. Wifi calling has never worked on my phone or my wife's. Hers is also an iPhone6. I have contacted Verizon twice via Chat. I backed up the phone and did a factory reset and updated the software again to 9.3.1. Wifi calling still doesn't work. We have little or no cell coverage at home. When we dial any number - landline or cell we get a message saying the number does not accept calls over wifi. We have tried the wifi networks at our work and same results

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Appreciate you following up with us, tunester63. My teammate JosephT and our forum/community member, Weth,  both provided great tips. Have both been tested and reviewed? (HD voice being active, and the dialing pattern?)

Also, just in case, if all of the above has been reviewed, please ensure that under Settings > Phone > WiFi Calling is set to ON through both phones.

Please keep us posted.

NicandroN_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tunester63
Enthusiast - Level 2

Weth, your solution solved it.  I'll try from a different wifi location tomorrow.

0 Likes