Why won't my iphone 6 64gb phone or my iphone 5 ever get 3g or 4g? It always only shows LTE
Dus10tex

Why won't my iphone 6 64gb phone or my iphone 5 ever get 3g or 4g?  It always shows LTE instead of 4g.  I will be sitting next to someone with the same phone and service and they have 4g and I have LTE.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why won't my iphone 6 64gb phone or my iphone 5 ever get 3g or 4g? It always only shows LTE
Loquat
Master - Level 1

LTE is VZW's 4G signal.  You can force your device to only get 3G, a slower speed, by turning off LTE in you settings.  And I've had many VZW devices and I've never seen "4G" on my screen...1x, 3G, LTE, and occasionally, No Service...but never "4G".

View solution in original post

Re: Why won't my iphone 6 64gb phone or my iphone 5 ever get 3g or 4g? It always only shows LTE
Loquat
Master - Level 1

LTE is VZW's 4G signal.  You can force your device to only get 3G, a slower speed, by turning off LTE in you settings.  And I've had many VZW devices and I've never seen "4G" on my screen...1x, 3G, LTE, and occasionally, No Service...but never "4G".

Weth
Legend

Yup, you want LTE all the time.   As Loquat  stated, LTE = 4G

when you are sitting next to someone and the phone says 4G, it is a ATT or T mobile connection.  They have fake or faux 4G that is a step down from LTE.  It really is 3G+ but they came up with the fake 4G.  This is why Verizon put LTE to indicate it is real 4G technology, not hype. 

0 Likes