Wi-Fi Calling causes network to drop
historyguy

A couple of weeks ago, Verizon finally enabled Wi-Fi Calling, and it can be turned on through the Phone settings on my iPhone 6. I then noticed that my entire Wi-Fi network began dropping out periodically, and then coming back 2-3 minutes later (I have a Netgear AC1750 Wireless Cable Router). It did this, probably 20 times per day over the last 4 days I had Wi-Fi Calling enabled.

I've disabled Wi-Fi Calling on my iPhone, and now all seems to be well again. I realize that this is a new technology for Verizon, has anyone else come across anything like this, and is there a way to solve this so that I can use Wi-Fi Calling?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Wi-Fi Calling causes network to drop
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi historyguy,

I'm sorry to leaern of any issues with Wifi calling. I'd like to ask a couple of questions to see if we can find out what's going on. Is this happening on more than one Wifi network? Was there ever a time when the Wifi call went through with no problems?

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's great to see that you are aware of the WiFi calling feature on the iPhone, historyguy. I know the importance of getting this going so let's see what we can find out for you. Have you tried to Reset your Network Settings in your phone to see if the issue still arises? If not, no worries! Here’s how:Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings.

TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JARKIE88

I have this same problem and I'm on this community site to see if others are having this same problem of dropped calls using wi fi on an Apple 6 phone.  I use an Asus Router.  When Verizon first brought the wi fi calling on for the Apple 6 phone, wi fi calling was working fine, this dropped call issue just started the last couple of weeks.  I would be interested in an answer to this problem. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JARKIE88,

We are here to help and find out what is causing you issues with dropped calls. Does this happen on all WiFi connections? Is your software up to date? When did you notice this started to happen? After updating software or installing an app?

KarenC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes