Will I Have A Large Early Termination Fee?
bizymomma

I am one month out from the end of my contract and my phone has had a major hardware failure to the point of it not being recognized by iTunes. It will not even stay powered on unless plugged in. The fixes I've read about are way too technical and I don't have hours on end to spend on the phone with Verizon or Apple. Will my early termination fee be outrageous if I switch back to ATT a month early?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Will I Have A Large Early Termination Fee?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I’m sorry to learn that your phone is not working and not being recognized by iTunes, bizymomma. Is there any physical or water damage to your phone? Do you have insurance on it?

If you have insurance and your phone is damaged you can submit an insurance claim at this link and get a replacement: http://phoneclaim.com/verizon

You are a valued member of our wireless family, and we do not want you to even consider a move. You may be eligible for an upgrade now. Please login to your My Verizon account at this link on your computer to confirm: vzw.com/Upgrade

Please visit this link and review the “What happens if my Postpay Service is canceled before the end of my contract term?” Section, for details about early termination fees: https://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/globalText?textName=CUSTOMER_AGREEMENT&jspName=footer/customerAg...

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Will I Have A Large Early Termination Fee?
mama23dogs
Legend

bizymomma

The ETF for being one day early is either $135 or $95 plus taxes and service costs.  Then you have to buy a new phone with Next over at ATT.  It makes no sense.

Im with ATT, but I see no benefit to changing carriers just because you need to buy a new phone.   Go to Apple and buy a new iPhone with their payment plan.  Or see if Verizon will let you upgrade without turning in your old phone.  It may mean moving to the newest plan (which is where you will be with ATT anyway)

Switching is not cheap.  If you phone is dead, you get nothing from other carriers as a trade in.

0 Likes