Will I be able to access roaming with my device from the UK?
gallagpa
Enthusiast - Level 2

I bought my iPhone 64gb Verizon phone in an Apple Store last September. I've been using exclusively it in the UK on a UK carrier since, with no issue & no need to unlock.

I'm travelling to the USA next week and want to roam on my normal SIM card. Will there be any locking issue with Verizon?

Detail from Invoice:

IPHONE 6 SPACE GRAY 64GB VERIZON

Part Number: MG632LL/A

Serial Number: xxx

ICCID: xxx

IMEI: xxx

Return Date: Oct. 05, 2014

Return date with carrier plan is 1 day prior to date listed

$ 749.00

Verizon Account Information

No Wireless Service Activation during iPhone Sale

Use

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPhone 6 - Apple Store - Locked?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand your concern with your device becoming locked, gallagpa. To clarify, you will not be using a Verizon SIM during your travels? Your device will continue to roam with your UK SIM. If you activate a different SIM, the device settings may change, and a factory reset would be recommended prior to reactivating your UK SIM.

AndreaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand your concern with your device becoming locked, gallagpa. To clarify, you will not be using a Verizon SIM during your travels? Your device will continue to roam with your UK SIM. If you activate a different SIM, the device settings may change, and a factory reset would be recommended prior to reactivating your UK SIM.

AndreaS_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

No, you'll be fine and you I'll be roaming on T-mobile or AT&T most likely with your UK SIM.

I Am assuming when you say "my normal SIM card" you mean your UK SIM card and not the Verizon SIM that was in the phone when you bought It.

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

You mist likely will not connect to the Verizon network with your UK SIM. The device may not even be capable of connecting to VZW.

A VZW iPhone can accept an international SIM but I don't think any other device will accept a VZW SIM.

gallagpa
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks Andrea. You're correct, I'll maintain my UK sim in the device and continue to use as I do in the UK, but just in the USA whilst on vacation.

Is there a way to verify/ensure that my device won't cause issues, i.e. validate there is no 'network lock' setting activated deep in the phone?

0 Likes
gallagpa
Enthusiast - Level 2

sprmankalel @weth

Thanks for your responses, here's hoping it won't seize up.    

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you clarifying that information, gallagpa. Since you will be leaving your device as is and not making exchanging the SIM it is very unlikely your device will connect to our network, as Weth mentioned. Since your SIM card is most likely a GSM SIM card, it may not pick up our network since we operate on a CDMA network.

AndreaS_VZW

0 Likes