Will an iPhone 6 SIM card work with an iPhone 5?
JimRedelfs

I wish to purchase a new iPhone 6 and keep my working iPhone 5 as a spare.  My two-year, Verizon contract has been fulfilled since December, 2014.  I am willing enter into another, two-year contract with Verizon but want the same, monthly rate.  Is this possible?  If, for some reason, the new phone must be repaired/replaced, can I use the Verizon SIM card from the iPhone 6 in the iPhone 5 to stay connected while the new phone is out-of-service?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPhone 6 SIM work in iPhone 5?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hello JimRedelfs!

I'd love to discuss your options for a new contract! Many of our plans can be continued into new contracts. Some plans, like unlimited data, are no longer available after upgrade. When upgrading, you will be notified if you can keep your specific plan, as well as if there may be a better rate option for you. You can certainly go back to your old phone temporarily if anything were to happen to the new phone. Please let us know if you have any other questions! You can process your upgrade right here on My Verizon:  http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/myverizonlp/

MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hello JimRedelfs!

I'd love to discuss your options for a new contract! Many of our plans can be continued into new contracts. Some plans, like unlimited data, are no longer available after upgrade. When upgrading, you will be notified if you can keep your specific plan, as well as if there may be a better rate option for you. You can certainly go back to your old phone temporarily if anything were to happen to the new phone. Please let us know if you have any other questions! You can process your upgrade right here on My Verizon:  http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/myverizonlp/

MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Weth
Legend

What is your current plan?  

You you can switch the SIM between the 6 and 5 seemlessly with no calls or other changes or charges to your account. 

0 Likes