With only 2 phones I can't active the new iPhone 6, now what?
whysodumb

The instructions say to turn off the old phone, don't turn on the new phone, and then call verizon. I only have the two phones, now what?? Why is there no online activation, this is pretty silly. I have a shiny new device and no way to use it.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: With only 2 phones I can't active the new iPhone 6, now what?
glennsster

Call from a house phone. Thats how I activated mine

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Are you near a VZW store? You can drop by there and they will activate for you. Also are your old phones iphones also? You may need to swap the SIM cards from the old phones to the new ones.

0 Likes
whysodumb

I don’t have a house phone. The nearest Verizon store is likely packed with people today doing the same thing. If I had known this I’d have gone with a different phone company.

- andrew

0 Likes
Not applicable

Yeah going to another carrier would have been different.

I don't think so.

Borrow a friends phone, use the pay phone, use a work or school phone. Many choices.

Good Luck

0 Likes
IGO2UA
Contributor - Level 1

I wish I had that problem. I will activate phone for you if you send it to me. lol

0 Likes
nrjohnson92
Enthusiast - Level 3

What was your original phone? If it was a 4G phone and had a SIM card that fits in the SIM card tray of your iPhone 6, then all you have to do is take the SIM from your old phone, and put it in your new iPhone while your new phone is powered off. Then, power off your old phone, and power on your new phone, wait 1-5 minutes, and you should receive a notification on your screen that your phone is activated. You'll need to do this in VZW coverage, of course.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I went again to my local VZW today to look at the cases again and was able to be seen immediately. Yes it's a big store and there were a lot of people but it wasn't as crowded as yesterday and depending on what you're there for your wait time may be very short. If you can't swap SIM cards you will need to go to the store regardless of wait. Especially if calling isn't something you can do

0 Likes