am I on 4G or not?
skrich

I thought my new Iphone 6 would be on the 4G network?  The icon at the top of the screen shows 3G.  Smiley Sad  I went to settings and enabled LTE for both voice and data, but it still shows 3G!  What do I have to do to get on the 4G network???

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: am I on 4G or not?
itscody
Enthusiast - Level 3

Check coverage in your area, Or a tower may be down.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Here I am to save the day skrich! I cam help with your 4G services on your new Verizon iPhone 6. May I ask what zip code are you in? Are you having any voice issues? Is the issue indoors, outdoors, or both? As you share the details then we can investigate.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
skrich

My zip code is 62864. I live just outside the city limits. I checked the coverage map and I am supposed to have 4g coverage in my area. The icon switched to LTE briefly when I went to town today, but I'm back to 3G at my home. I guess it's just a problem at my property address?

0 Likes
dburne
Contributor - Level 2

At your house, are you on wifi? If so, you will not get LTE ( 4G) as it is using that. I was confused at first because mine was not showing LTE, and found this out from another helpful user here on the forum. Wife and I went boating yesterday, and both of ours then said LTE. Coming from 3G with the iPhone 4, wow what a difference, the internet is so much faster for me.

Now it is interesting that yours would be showing 3G, that I do not understand so yours may be a different issue - when I am home on wifi mine does not say anything.

I have enabled LTE for data only, voice and data allows one to surf web or pull up maps while on a voice call, I really do not need that feature I don't think.

0 Likes