automated message when calling my husband
kegallag
Enthusiast - Level 1

When I call my husband, an automated Verizon recording immediately starts, asking me to "please enter a password". On my husband's end, he doesn't even hear his phone ring. Please help.

Labels (1)
Re: automated message when calling my husband
JGurnzy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey kegallag, this is JGurnzy and it 2021 and I just started getting this message. Did you ever get a response to fix it?

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@JGurnzy wrote:

Hey kegallag, this is JGurnzy and it 2021 and I just started getting this message. Did you ever get a response to fix it?

Sounds like the contact has an incorrect phone number entered or is the voicemail number.  You might try dialing their number directly/manually instead of selecting from Contacts.  Can others dial the number successfully?  When I dial my own number, I get 'please enter your password' from the voicemail system.  Check to ensure they don't have their number forwarded to your number or voicemail.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
JGurnzy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks @jav6 for the reply. Others can dial successfully. Sorry for my ignorance. Not sure how to check your suggestion. "Check to ensure they don't have their number forwarded to your number or voicemail." Any ideas?

Thank you! @JGurnzy

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get to the bottom of this as I know the importance of being able to contact your spouse! I would suggest dialing *73+Send just to ensure there is no call forwarding then test the call again. It may have been possible he activated call forwarding with your number attached  so it immediately gets you to your own Voicemail system. Also third party Voicemail apps can be in place that forward the calls where it may have been accidentally set. -Yale

0 Likes
JGurnzy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still the same even after *73 and unable to locate third party Voicemail apps. May need to call Verizon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to reach your husband is very important. We're sorry to hear that you're receiving the automated message response when calling his phone number, even after dialing *73. Dialing *73 deactivates the No Answer/Busy Transfer feature.

May I ask if you're dialing his phone number from your contacts list? If so, please try dialing it manually and share that result with our team. Thanks.-Robert C.

0 Likes
JGurnzy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Siri (Cox) asks for a password only when I call my home number!

So, after many hours of research what I discovered was that: simultaneous ring of Nomorobo with my cell phone turned on prevented me from calling home. Automatically asking for password, turning it off enables communication again.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes