Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blank red dot on phone app on 6s
healthyoptions

often I will get a blank (no numbers) on my screen. when I click on it I see it is from voicemail. I have my data off. when I go to voicemail and call voicemail there are no voice mails. occasionally it will say voicemail unavailable. if I turn data on it goes away but does not stay cleared. resetting network settings solves the issue but I am tired of doing this. it started happening in early May. what is causing this and what if the solution. I do not want to keep my data on.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: blank red dot on phone app on 6s
47seijar

If you're using visual voicemail, you need data to get the message headlines. You can disable visual voicemail and go back to regular vm. Since it's a Verizon service you have to call Verizon Support and have them disable it for you. Just be aware that you might not get notifications for new voicemails after doing this.

0 Likes
healthyoptions

that is not the case. this is a new occurrence. I have always had my data off in my house. the only way I can clear the dot is with resetting network settings. 

0 Likes
47seijar

Have you updated the software on your phone recently? A WiFi connection may have been giving you the needed data, but the update may have made your wifi connection unreliable.

0 Likes