call forwarding to a Canadian number
BioDee123

Hello! I'm in Canada for a couple of months. I have purchased a separate Canadian phone. My Verizon plan allows call to/from Canada, however, I would like to forward calls to my new Canadian phone at times. My attempts following the  Call Forwarding instructions:  *72 plus 10-digit number have not been successful. Any advice out there? Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: call forwarding to a Canadian number
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BioDee123, does your new Canadian phone have a Canadian phone number and local carrier supporting it? If so, please verify that your line with your other carrier has been enabled with Call Forwarding.

Also, is your new device CDMA, or is it a GSM device? Not all features are guaranteed to work on our network if your device is not CDMA.

StephannieP_VZW

0 Likes
Re: call forwarding to a Canadian number
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support @stephanniep_vzw  Are you saying/implying that the number being FORWARDED TO might need to have the Call Forwarding option to RECEIVE a forwarded call?  Isn't that what the OP is trying to do?  I always thought a forwarded call was just a call, but maybe there is something different in the headers routing the call.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes