can I use my old sim in a new-to-me phone?
svirshup
Enthusiast - Level 2

I purchased a used iPhone 6 to replace a damaged phone. I was provided a new verizon sim card. Can I use my old sim card instead?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: can I use my old sim in a new-to-me phone?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

svirshup,

You’ve come to the right place, as our middle name is help! Great question about using an older SIM card. We always recommend that you use a brand new Verizon Wireless SIM card when activating a new phone on your line. Weth, did provide some good information as well. As long as the SIM card is the same size for the same make/model phone, you will be able to use it.

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Yes, as long as it is the same size, you can use your old one in a new phone and no additional steps for activation are required.

svirshup
Enthusiast - Level 2

I will give it a try and post my results. Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

svirshup,

You’ve come to the right place, as our middle name is help! Great question about using an older SIM card. We always recommend that you use a brand new Verizon Wireless SIM card when activating a new phone on your line. Weth, did provide some good information as well. As long as the SIM card is the same size for the same make/model phone, you will be able to use it.

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
svirshup
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was able to use the old SIM but it wasn't worth it. I thought it might bypass the need to authenticate the new phone, but it actually messed things up and I had to take the phone into a store to get it cleared up. I should have just used the new SIM card. Let that be a lesson! There's no point in attempting to cut corners!

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

What problem did you have? I have did the SIM switch only on 10 different phones with never a problem.

0 Likes
stan00

I disagree, I just tried to switch my SIM card from iphone X to iphone 13 and it did not work. The Verizon customer service representative told me that I have to get a new SIM card, even though I don't want one.

0 Likes