Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
can my a1586 iphone 6 work on verizon
adamglobe

I am desperate for help.

I am American. I live in America. I have a Verizon account. But I work about half the year overseas and always buy a local SIM card when abroad.

So I recently needed a new phone while working in Europe, so I went to the Apple Store in Madrid and asked for an unlocked iphone 6 that I could use all over the world with local SIM cards.  They sold me a a1586 for about $800. It worked great in a few countries, including Switzerland, with local SIM cards.

Then I flew back to USA and I cannot get it to work with my Verizon SIM. I went to three Verizon stores and they insist it will not work.

I read online that I should activate my Verizon SIM on an iphone5 and then slide it into my iphone 6. I did that. It worked in the iphone5, but it still wont work on the iphone 6.

Please help

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: can my a1586 iphone 6 work on verizon
Snn5
Sr. Leader

I think you need the 1549 for US.  Looks like you got the Sprint version.

iPhone 6 Models (A1549, A1586, A1589, A1522, A1524 and A1593) Differences

0 Likes