can only text between iPhones
ROBVAL0

I share an account with my brother. He deactivated an iPhone 6 a year ago and went to an Android. He then went back to Apple with an iPhone 7 not long ago. I then re-activated his old iPhone 6 to my number about a month ago.

I have not been able receive or send texts from or to Android phones since re-activating. Texting iPhone to iPhone is no problem. There were no issues with texts when this iPhone 6 was used by my brother.

I have performed the following "fixes" (at least) twice each, but still only can text between iPhones-

Settings > Messages > Send & Receive, then signed Out of Apple ID. Settings > FaceTime, signed out Apple ID. Then signed back in to both iMessage and Facetime.

Made sure "Send as SMS" On

MMS Messaging is On

Group Messaging is On

Made sure both my Apple ID and my number are checked under "send and receive"

Turned Airplane mode on and off

iOS is up to date 11.2.2

Removed - Reinserted SIM card

Reset Network Settings

Reset All

No change, can still only text between iPhones

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: can only text between iPhones
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ROBVAL0,

I know I depend on my text messages daily. Not being able to receive all of them would be a problem for me. Let me work with you in getting yours to work. Can you first tell me what is the  model of the old android device? I want to go through some troubleshooting steps to begin.

VeronicaM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ROBVAL0

My brother (the 6456 number) went from the iPhone 6 to a Samsung S8 before switching back to Apple

I (the 6455 number) went from a Samsung S3 to this (brother's old) iPhone 6

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ROVALO, I appreciate the information you provided. I am confident that we will have you sending text to Android devices in a flash. Are you using the native text message application or a third party text message application? Did you create your own Apple ID? Do you have this iOS 11.2.5 available on your phone? Please go to Settings>Genaral>Software update.  -JacobV_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes