Re: can't make a phone call and receive phone call while I'm staying in my home.
kevinmnm
Enthusiast - Level 2

Using your common sense, if Verizon is the only service that has problem

with iPhone 6, then you will blame on the phone device, such an unique

common sense you have in your head. And if you insist that there ARE

problems with other services, where is the case?

0 Likes
Re: can't make a phone call and receive phone call while I'm staying in my home.
rcschnoor
Legend

calling problems in ios 8.0.2 | Apple Support Communities

Any problems with this new down load iOS 8.0.2? | Apple Support Communities

iOS 8.0.2 connectivity problems | Apple Support Communities

IOS 8.0.2 | Apple Support Communities

problem with ios 8.0.2 | Apple Support Communities

These are but a few examples from a quick search on Apple's own community forums. These problems are from multiple countries and providers OTHER than Verizon in the US.

Once again, my common sense is telling me this is NOT a problem only on Verizon. This is an Apple problem, one which Apple is aware of as it is already testing an additional iOS update to 8.1. That would be the 3rd update to their new OS in less than a month. It seems Apple, at least, thinks it is a problem with iOS, and not Verizon.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Timdnla!

Let's see what's causing the problem, I apologize for the inconvenience! When did the issue begin? Does the issue occur both in and outdoors?

Thanks,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Dannyy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi AyaniB,

I have been dealing with this issue for the past two weeks already and I'm feed up with it. I even changed my phone at a apple store but still the same issue. This is happening indoor and outdoor no difference happening in my office and at my house. I have never experienced this with my iPhone 5, I'm actually thinking to got back to my iPhone 5 until this issues is resolved. Is there a way I could return the iPhone 6 back to Verizon for a full refund it have been over 14 days. I use my phone for business and this is killing me.

Danny Y.

0 Likes
missjino

Same problem here. It works on and off. I have to restart my phone to receive or make a call.

It is quite annoying. Please help. LOS ANGELES 90005 & 90057

0 Likes
Timdnla

Hi Ayani,

I finally took my iPhone 6 to the Verizon Store at the Galleria. They were very helpful and said it was a "known issue" with the new phone. Everything worked except making/receiving calls. They replaced my SIM card free of charge and now it works perfectly. I thought it was the download or the phone cover blocking the antenna or the verizon area coverage. That might be a problem of a lot of the complaints here on this thread.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Timdnla

I finally took my iPhone 6 to the Verizon Store at the Galleria. They were very helpful and said it was a "known issue" with the new phone. Everything worked except making/receiving calls. They replaced my SIM card free of charge and now it works perfectly. I thought it was the download or the phone cover blocking the antenna or the verizon area coverage. That might be a problem of a lot of the complaints here on this thread.

Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

missjino,

I am so sorry to hear of the issues you are having. I do not see any current alerts for your area. Is this only happening on the iPhone 6? Do you have any other devices experiencing this same issue? Do you have any issues with text or data?

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
att2vzw

Hello Applebba,

I had the same issue since I received the new iphone 6 on Sept 30th. I experienced frequent dropped calls and sometimes a few "No Service" incidents. 

However, after turning off VoLTE  (or Advanced Calling 1.0), the problem appears to have gone away. Now I am getting 5 dots most of the time. Before, I only had 2-3 dots when VoLTE was turned on.

I live in Metro Boston.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
Verizon_Tips

The issue in the Los Angeles, Glendale, and Pasadena area of needing to reboot your iPhone 6 to make or receive a call can definitely be fixed by activating the Advanced Calling 1.0 feature (http://www.verizonwireless.com/wcms/consumer/advanced-calling.html).  If the feature won't activate properly by going to Enable LTE > Voice & Data, go to your Verizon account at https://nbillpay.verizonwireless.com/vzw/accountholder/services/viewFeatures.action?product=volteHd and add the Advanced Calling 1.0 feature. If it still doesn't work, change it back to Data Only and call customer service at 611 to have them provision the feature in your account.

0 Likes