chargers don't make a solid connection to iPhone 6
WhoNose

My iPhone 6 doesn't connect solidly to it's chargers. How can this be fixed...without doing without my phone. I have two kids in schools, and cannot be without a phone.
Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: chargers don't make a solid connection to iPhone 6
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

WhoNose, I've had the same issue with one of my phones (not an iPhone 6). I know how inconvenient that can be. In my case, the unstable connection was due to a damaged charging port on my phone. I'm not sure if that's the case with yours, so I hope you can provide some details to help me provide you with the best options. Your post indicates multiple chargers. Are any of the chargers you're using the original one that came with your iPhone 6 when it was new?

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@WhoNose

It’s important that you’re able to successfully charge your iPhone 6 device. I would love to help.

When did you notice the problem with the charger and your iPhone? Are you using the provided wall charger that came packaged with your iPhone 6? And please share details of what you mean when you say the device doesn’t connect solidly.

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The first thing I would check is making sure there wasn't any lint or dirt in the charging port on the phone. Use a compressed air can and blow it out. If that doesn't work then check the charging cables and the port itself for damage.

Based on my experience, I think it is something in the charging port.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

I just had this problem and I solved it by doing this:

Get a wooden toothpick (I purposefully chose something that is not metallic or doesn't conduct electricity)

Put it into the charging port and move it around to loosen up lint that is very likely packed in there. I was not gentle, but be careful not to be too vigorous that the tip of the toothpick breaks off. I was amazed how much lint was pack in there and it was not immediately obvious by just looking. Then I took compressed air and blew it in. This loosened up even more lint. I did another toothpick sweep and got more packed lint out. Finally one last compressed air blow. Now my charge cable went in solid again

I hope it works for you.