dankatand

why do i have data being used while i am sleeping?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: data
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which phone model do you have?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dankatand, 

I know how important it is to ensure that your data is being correctly tracked and billed. We're here to help. Data is tracked in 6 hour blocks, so the timestamp is not usually the exact minute when most of the data was used. 

As Ann154 mentioned, knowing the make & model can be helpful, because then we can help you tweak your settings, to ensure data isn't used when you aren't intending to use the LTE network. 

MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dankatand

I have an iPhone 6 s

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have Wi-Fi assist enabled? Do you turn off the cellular data connection when you expect to be connected to a Wi-Fi router for extended periods of time? The iphone has a sleep policy where the Wi-Fi goes to sleep when the phone is on standby allowing the cellular data to become active again and the apps can use background data over cellular instead of Wi-Fi.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dankatand, thank you for providing the information about your phone. Thank you Ann154 for always providing great support. Let's check the settings on your phone to make sure everything is set up correctly. Follow this link to make sure the Wi-Fi assist is not enabled: 

http://spr.ly/6586DemDp;

Ralpht_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dankatand,

The information you provided is appreciated. The iPhone 6 will give you the option to track the data being used in the settings under cellular. We recommend resetting the statistics when your billing cycle begins to track data properly. To complete this reset you go to your settings >cellular > scroll to the bottom and tap the reset statistics button.

RodneyM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under
my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in
advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes