excessive data usage
dajerru
Enthusiast - Level 3

Is anyone else having issues with excessive data usage with 6plus?  I feel like buying out of my contract now. Never had problems in 4 years and now my data usage has doubled in a matter of 2 weeks. Verizon what's the deal?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: excessive data usage
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for filling us in on the details, dejerru. With the new phones, some settings are definitely different but can be changed to provide you with more options to manage your usage. Let's start by going into Settings > Cellular and scrolling down. What are some of your highest data usage apps listed? You can turn cellular data off for apps you only plan to use from WiFi to avoid the phone switching to cellular when dormant or WiFi signal gets weaker. Also, do you use the Facebook application or watch any videos?

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We don't want you to leave our family dajerru. I know data usage is very important to our customers. Are you using wifi? Do you have it automatically connected? What phone did you previously have before your iphone 6?

Kinquana_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
dajerru
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes I am using wifi. Had a 4s before and barely used 6 gigs with another iPhone 4 and droid phone on the account. Nobody is doing anything different with the phones than before. But the data usage has gone from 10 gigs to 15 gigs in a matter of a couple weeks. First I had to wait 4 weeks for 2 iPhone 6 pluses and now this. I am so disappointed Verizon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for filling us in on the details, dejerru. With the new phones, some settings are definitely different but can be changed to provide you with more options to manage your usage. Let's start by going into Settings > Cellular and scrolling down. What are some of your highest data usage apps listed? You can turn cellular data off for apps you only plan to use from WiFi to avoid the phone switching to cellular when dormant or WiFi signal gets weaker. Also, do you use the Facebook application or watch any videos?

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
dajerru
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok will try your suggestions but I believe verizon should tell you upfront about turning off apps to save data usage.  I am not a happy customer at all!!!!!

0 Likes