gps signal lost
Lufty
Enthusiast - Level 2

We have been unable to use GPS on our phones (we have tried 4, and still no gps) in either a web browser, VZ Navigator, or Google Maps. We are looking into a non-Verizon iPhone6 model A1549 that is unlocked. We are hoping that a phone without VZ Navigator installed will soulve our 5 year problem of no GPS.

Anyone have a iPhone6 A1549 working with Verizon Wireless?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: gps signal lost
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lufty-

I understand how important it is to use the navigation system on phones because we are always on the go.  Have you checked to make sure th location services is on?  I'm sending a link http://bit.ly/1Li7Bk6 so you can check a few settings on the iphone 6.

EmmaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter  @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Lufty
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah, since we got our first smartphones, we have sent in replacements, new phones, reset, updated, and ensured all our PGS settings are enabled. Regardless of device settings with the Motorola phones we have had since signing up, we cant use any GPS features in either a browser (facebook, google maps website, yelp, etc.) in VZ Navigator, or Google Maps app.

Pretty much we are at the end of our rope, since we have asked for help with this for over 5 years, and still have no GPS. We just want a phone where GPS will function on our account with Verizon, or find another provider that supports GPS.

0 Likes
Lufty
Enthusiast - Level 2

FYI we don't have the iPhone 6 model A1549 yet, I'm trying to find out if the device is supported with Verizon.

iPhone 6 model A1549

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

I don't know what your problem it but anyway unlocked phones do not work on verizon. Ypu should take your phones to a store and let them help you. It's most likely user error.

Lufty
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the advice. We have taken in all the devices we have had, and it's not user error. We usually get the runaround (call support/goto the store) and we give up after a few trips, or after we receive the replacements in the past.

The iPhone 6 model A1549 is listed in the Apple Store as being supported. I just want to know from a VW rep that it will work.

0 Likes
Lufty
Enthusiast - Level 2

Do you know if the iPhone6 A1549 is supported?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lufty

We want to make sure whatever phone you decide to buy is supported with our network. We do support Verizon Iphone6, However, I would advise to check the Devcie

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lufty

We want to make sure whatever phone you decide to buy is supported with our network. We do support Verizon Iphone6, However, I would advise to check the Devcie ID here http://vz.to/16bt8uY to make sure you will not have any issues. (I do apologize for the previous post Lufty, I hit enter before I was done typing).

JorgeO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Lufty
Enthusiast - Level 2

FYI the unfortunate issue with our GPS problems, is a VW Tech advices us that there is a GPS feature that has been disabled on our Ac Family Shareplan 700 plan for years. The feature in not available for a customer to enable, and that he suspects this is why our GPS has been disabled for YEARS.

We are looking for a tech who would be kind enough to ENABLE our GPS via the VZ Navigator Administrative backend too so we could have GPS!

I't unfortunate that after all these years, replaced phones, tech calls, store visits, it was a VW backend function on our account that has prevented our GPS access for over 5 years. Why?

0 Likes