hacked and someone taking control
charliewhite47

Some one has hacked my daughter Verizon iphone6 and has taken control of it .  Sending text and taking pictures.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: hacked and someone taking control
mama23dogs
Legend

IF someone is using her Apple ID a factory reset does nothing.   Especially if she then restores the same data to the phone.  She needs to secure her Apple ID so it isn't used for purchases to iTunes etc.

CHanging password doesn't help if someone has access to her email address, because they just ask for the reminder to be sent to email and have her password again.  Or worse, change her password.

BOth need to be changed.  She may need to change her secret questions also.

And she needs to delete any app on the phone if she doesn't know what it is. 

In settings, turn off automatic downloads of apps.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

charliewhite47

I would be very concerned if this were to have happened to me. What exactly is going on with the text messaging and pictures? Has she downloaded a new app recently or sharing her Apple ID with someone else? Worst case scenario, you can perform a full Erase All Content and Settings. http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/iphone-6-reset/

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
charliewhite47

As soon as she turns it on, it appears if someone starts to open text and starts to send her location to contacts. Then sometimes they open the camera and start to take pix. If she tries to type anything, it will start to put other characters or letters in as f someone else is typing.

She has tried to reset it back to factory settings, but this continues to happen.

-

Verizon Wireless Customer Support <forums@verizonwireless.com> wrote:

Verizon Wireless Customer Support created the discussion

"hacked and someone taking control"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1384727#1384727

>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

charliewhite47

I appreciate this information and want to ensure this gets resolved for you. Could you please detail the steps she performed when resetting the device? Is she restoring her phone from a previous iCloud backup?

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

For starters she should change her Apple ID and password and NEVER give it to her friends. 

IF someone is using her Apple ID they are getting her messages, and she is getting theirs.

UUse the information to change her iTunes password and Apple ID

Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

BTW, unless it is jailbroken, an iPhone is pretty much unhackable.  The problem is when kids share Apple ID so they can share music or apps, then they wind up sharing iMessage, FaceTime and other stuff.

0 Likes
charliewhite47

The phone is not jailbroken, and she says she has not given anyone her id nor her password.

She has been on the phone with Apple support and has already tried this. She also performed a complete reset, but it continues to happen.

-

mama23dogs <forums@verizonwireless.com> wrote:

mama23dogs created the discussion

"hacked and someone taking control"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1385081#1385081

>

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

IF someone is using her Apple ID a factory reset does nothing.   Especially if she then restores the same data to the phone.  She needs to secure her Apple ID so it isn't used for purchases to iTunes etc.

CHanging password doesn't help if someone has access to her email address, because they just ask for the reminder to be sent to email and have her password again.  Or worse, change her password.

BOth need to be changed.  She may need to change her secret questions also.

And she needs to delete any app on the phone if she doesn't know what it is. 

In settings, turn off automatic downloads of apps.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

I Had my yahoo account hacked 3 years ago, twice.  Once they have an email, the password is easy to get.  Last year an attempt to hack my gmail and Apple ID was blocked.  I have added 2 step verification on my email account.  It prevents anyone from logging in to my accounts without a code, sent by SMS to my cell phone number

I Have included links to secure her email if she uses yahoo or gmail. 

Turn on 2-Step Verification - Accounts Help

How to Protect Yahoo! Mail With Two-Step Authentication

0 Likes