Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
high data usage problem Any fixes out there? Even when at home my iphone is using up all it's data plan!
EODVanek

anyone have any fixes for an iphone using all it's data up?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: high data usage problem Any fixes out there? Even when at home my iphone is using up all it's data plan!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We want to esnure you get the most out of your plan, EODVanek! When checking Settings>Cellular>Use Cellular Data For:. what are the top apps using data? Please try resetting statistics and monitor a while to see patterns in usage. http://www.vzw.com/datautilization is also a helpful tool to understand where the data is being used.

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: high data usage problem Any fixes out there? Even when at home my iphone is using up all it's data plan!
Marcia9491

I've suddenly had increased data usage but I haven't changed my usage behavior.  Looking for an explanation.  One thing that I've seen is that with IOS 8. others have had a similar issue. Other suggestions are to turn off cellular when charging, especially at night, when automatic updates occur. Evidently, the data plan is used for updates when charging even when in a Wifi environment. I leave it to Verizon to help with this matter.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Leader

I think that the phone after a length of non usage will turn Wi-Fi off in order to save power. There should be some selections you can make to fix this and turn off automatic updates or only update on Wi-Fi Etc. I'd also make sure you turn off cellular data while you're using the Wi-Fi.

How long ago did you get the phone?

0 Likes