how can i receive text messages while on a phone call

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how can i receive text messages while on a phone call
Weth
Legend

When you are on a call, do you see LTE in the upper left notification area. If not, then you are not on HD Voice, something is not set up right.

On your phone, in Settings / Cellular / Cellular Data Options - do you have Enable LTE set to Voice and Data?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Which iPhone do you have?

With iPhone 5S and before, you should be able to receive regular text messages even while on a call, but any multimedia message or iMessage sent will not be recieved during a call unless you are on wifi also. You can try turning off iMessages so your text messages come in as regular text messages.

iPhone 6 and later, if you have HD Voice and the LTE Voice and Data setting on in your phone, then you can get text, iMessages, and multimedia messages while on a phone call while in an LTE area.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Nicole, we will help get you back to texting and talking. You should be able to send and receive text while on the phone. Can you provide us with more information about the issue? When did it start?

For one on one assistance Please send us a private message by visiting our Facebook page or sending us a DM to ______@VZWSupport on Twitter. This way we can further assist you.  

RalphT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Jayme1282

We are not able to get messages or go on the internet if we are on the phone. We have the iPhone 6s Plus with the HD Voice and the LTE services. What is the problem?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jayme1282,

I don't want you to have these issues. Let's look into this more together. Were you ever able to use data and text while on the phone? When did this issue first start for you?
JasperM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Jayme1282

With my galaxy note 4 yes I was but with my older iPhone 5 I could not. Now I was informed that if you have the HD Voice and the LTE Service you are able to do that now with the newer iPhones which I have the iPhone 6s Plus. I hate that I have to disconnect a call in order too use my data.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Are you positive that you have actually activated Advanced Calling on your account (you can do so in My Verizon)? If so then you can use voice and data simultaneously. I do it often (honestly never thought it was a big deal but now I use it at least once a day).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jayme1282-

I also own an iPhone 6S Plus and HD Voice is one of my favorite features. I want you to also have the ability to browse through the internet while on a call. If you go to your iPhone settings>cellular>Enable LTE> is Voice and data selected? Please keep us posted.

CarmenT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

When you are on a call, do you see LTE in the upper left notification area. If not, then you are not on HD Voice, something is not set up right.

On your phone, in Settings / Cellular / Cellular Data Options - do you have Enable LTE set to Voice and Data?

0 Likes