how do i activate my phone number to receive text messages?
DEBBIE61656

How do i actvate my phone number to receive text messages in imessage?  I recently went with an android phone and hated it so I switched back to my iphone 6s.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: how do i activate my phone number to receive text messages?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Debbie61656, we know that your messages are very important and we want them to be coming in smoothly. iMessage would become available with the activation of this phone. Please ensure that the Cellular data is on in settings. Then scroll down to Messages and be certain that the switch for iMessage is on. If you still find that you are unable to send or receive iMessages please let us know.

Loren_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DANTOM

My phone will not receive text messages.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DANTOM, we want you to be able to get all your messages. We are here for you. 

We first need to clarify what you are experiencing, since Text Messages and iMessages are processed differently. Are you having trouble with both or just one type of message? 

Are you able to make and receive calls, and access Data with no issues? Were you able to make sure that iMessages were turned ON, as well as make sure your number and Apple ID are logged into your phone? 

When you go to Settings, tap Messages, then tap Send & Receive you should see your Apple ID listed there as well as your mobile number.  

Steven_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes