how to turn off data on iPhone 6 for a specific phone number via Verizon
along1

i'm trying to turn off data for one of my phone numbers via verizon vs. the iphone itself.  can this be done?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: how to turn off data on iPhone 6 for a specific phone number via Verizon
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

along1, you've come to the right place to get help with managing data on your devices. I can understand the need to turn data off sometimes. I'll go over your options for controlling data through Verizon and the phone.

First off, you can turn data off on the cellphone. To do that, you'd go into Settings on the iPhone. You'll select the option for Cellular. Once in that section, you'll hit the green switch near Cellular Data. Once that's off, the phone will only be able to use Wi-Fi to access the internet.

To utilize Verizon controls for data, I'd recommend adding Smart Family to your account. Smart Family lets you set data limits, which can stop data usage. The benefit of this is you can limit data for kids or people who are worried about using too much. There's also the option to pause internet access on a device. You will need to download the Parent and Companion apps for Smart Family to use that feature.

Smart Family costs $4.99 a month, but the premium package which expands your abilities, and includes a location tracker is $9.99 a month. Either cost covers your whole account, and you can enroll as many lines in Smart Family as you wish. You can learn how to sign up for Smart Family and all the included features here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-smart-family-faqs/

Let me know what other questions you have about Smart Family, or if there's anything else, we need to go over.

JohnT_VZW

If my response answered your question, please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes