iPad/iPhone Promo err...FIASCO
Sandlot32

I have been a loyal and faithful Verizon customer for 14 years, which apparently means nothing. I stayed up until 12:30am to order a new iPhone 6 only to experience a crashed website, which was fine but disappointing. I waited to order my iPhone 6 later the next day, which I was successful at but was unsuccessful at ordering a discounted iPad with my iPhone 6 so I completed my iPhone order because I am in dire need to replace my iPhone 4. I chatted online with a customer service rep who said you had to order the two together and I told her the website would not allow me to. At which point she transferred me to sales who said they could not help and that was a customer service issue. I do not remember when I called customer service again but the female customer service rep said the reason I could not order the iPad with the discount was because my iPhone was on back-order so "some system" could not recognize that I had ordered an iPhone to qualify for the promo. The second customer service rep said she would document our conversation so that I could call back after my iPhone 6 order was processed to order my iPad, which I did tonight after I received an alert on my credit card. I called Verizon to verify my iPhone was shipped and it is but apparently my prior conversation was not notated at all. This lead me to another call with customer service tonight who said they had no record of my prior conversation. I told her my situation and she checked with her supervisor who reiterated that you had to order the two together. I asked to speak the supervisor and I was transferred me to her (Renee, I think is her name) who tried to help. Renee was only able to come up with a solution of canceling my iPhone order, which would delay my iPhone even more but she would have to do it tomorrow because of the status of my order and then order the two together. I told her I was reluctant to do so since my last conversation was not notated. This whole iPhone 6 has turned into a nightmare as I was basically called a liar because I asked her if checking my call log to see that I did in fact call customer service would help and she said no because the conversation was not documented. I have been with Verizon for 14 years and have always paid my bill on time as well not caused any trouble (until tonight). Apparently that makes me a liar because I would make something like this up for a $100 discount. It is not even about the $100 anymore but rather the principle of a long time customer calling in asking to be taken care of and being treated like someone who is trying to game the system. If my account was not linked with my wife's and if I had the time to go sign up with another carrier I would after my experience tonight.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPad/iPhone Promo err...FIASCO
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sandlot32,
Your 14 year loyalty is appreciated, indeed! We surely don't want to see you go. It's truly disheartening to learn that you've had such an experience in processing your orders and trying to take advantage of a great promotion. It's never our goal to make you feel anything less than valued. When it comes to promotions and ordering devices, we are limited to system overrides but we try to provide the best options possible in rectifying our customers concerns. In order to take advantage of the iPad promotion, the best option would be to cancel your existing iPhone order and reorder both devices, together. I wish we had a more convenient way of resolving this for you. I recognize the value in your time so thank you for submitting feedback on this experience. It helps us to understand where improvement may be needed. We also appreciate your business and patience in this matter.

TanishaS1_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

You are not linked. Simply port out and enjoy another service provider.

Each line is separate so if you don't owe any early termination fees just go to where you wish.

Good Luck

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sandlot32,
Your 14 year loyalty is appreciated, indeed! We surely don't want to see you go. It's truly disheartening to learn that you've had such an experience in processing your orders and trying to take advantage of a great promotion. It's never our goal to make you feel anything less than valued. When it comes to promotions and ordering devices, we are limited to system overrides but we try to provide the best options possible in rectifying our customers concerns. In order to take advantage of the iPad promotion, the best option would be to cancel your existing iPhone order and reorder both devices, together. I wish we had a more convenient way of resolving this for you. I recognize the value in your time so thank you for submitting feedback on this experience. It helps us to understand where improvement may be needed. We also appreciate your business and patience in this matter.

TanishaS1_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes