iPhone 12 Pro Max not connecting to network extender
lmartinez0929

I can’t seem to get my new iPhone 12 Pro Max to connect to my network extender. My old iPhone XS Max is still connected just fine. I’ve restarted my phone and the network extender. Any other tips?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 12 Pro Max not connecting to network extender
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congrats on the new phone, and we can certainly investigate into this mystery, Imartinez0929. Do you have Wi-Fi calling enabled? If so, please disable this feature to retest the issue. Also, what happens when you dial #48 when near the network extender? 

0 Likes
jbri17

same issue... I’ve restarted everything. #48 says I am NOT under network extender coverage. 

0 Likes
dweissford
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue. Also, can't get any cell service at all.

boogieman77
Enthusiast - Level 2

Look like the 3G is turned off on the iphone 12 pros.  Searching lead me to a few apple forums and also reddit.  My 12pro max will not connect to a 3g extender but works fine on a lte extender.  Also where I have 3g service only on my iphone 11 max my iphone 12 pro max shows NO SERVICE.  Come on verizon fix this.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for communicating with us. You have a 4G device, and this needs to be activated on 4G service. Please view our coverage map. https://www.verizon.com/coverage-map/ 

0 Likes
boogieman77
Enthusiast - Level 2

The line is activated.  And working fine on LTE or 5G. If you would read the question you would see that the phones are not connecting or seeing the CDMA 3G or 1X service.  Verizon iphone 12 pros are the only ones so far doing this.  My wife got hers yesterday and doing the same thing.  If your in a area that only has 3G or maybe even 1X these phones just dont connect to it.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Can you send us a Private Message, so we can delve deeper into this? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dweissford, we know how important it is to stay connected. Do you have a 3G network extender? How long have you been having issues with the service on your iPhone 12 Pro Max?

EllisandraC_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am very sorry for the confusion with our older network extenders. New devices do not have the technology to connect to 3G. This means the new iPhone 12 Pro Max will not connect to our older extenders as they are meant to work with CDMA devices and 3G devices. Both technologies are no longer present in the new iPhones. 
JavierMD_VZW

0 Likes