iPhone 6 Battery red and not chargine
SPAZPOP

My iPhone 6 has been having battery problems for the last week or so.  Tonight, the batter meter went into the red. I plugged it into my iMac to charge and while it acknowledges that it is plugged in, it is NOT charging and iTunes does not detect it.

After a good two to three hours of charging, the battery meter is still red and does not seem to be charging at all  The phone does not vibrate when i plug it in like usual although the screen shows the red battery meter but no longer shows the cable icon when plugged in. I've tried rebooting it quite a few times but when it reboots, the red battery meter comes back on.

I'm assuming my battery may be dead (duh!).  Can I bring it into a Verizon store and have them replace the battery?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 6 Battery red and not chargine
SPAZPOP

Sorry for some of the misspellings. 

0 Likes
SPAZPOP

And two hours later, still the same issue.  It hasn't charged at all

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

If you have an Apple Store in your area you can go there and they can replace the battery. If it is still under warranty they will do it for free. If it's out of warranty then they will charge you $129 (this may not be the exact price). If you're out of warranty you can also check local places that may offer iPhone battery replacement for cheaper. If you have insurance through Verizon then you can put in a claim and pay the deductible to receive a repair/replacement.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Keeping your phone charged up is a must, kaebfly. Let's get this figured out. What happens if you use a different cable? Has there been any recent changes to your device?

JosephE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes