iPhone 6 + Bending couldn't belive it.. Till I seen this.. Video..
B33
Legend

I put this Video on Forum  For Viewing Purposes Only:

I first heard about this on the News that customers that own the  iPhone 6 +  were seeing Bending of there phone..  I said Na that can't happen can it, but I ran across this youtube video the Guy Demonstrating For SCIENCE Testing purposes only,  showed that it can happen..

I'd say if you Buy this model of iPhone by a Case with it, One that will help give it Extra Strength along the back and Sides maybe like an Otterbox Defender.!  And hopefully it will help give it some Extra strength...

iPhone 6 Plus Bend Test - YouTube

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 6 + Bending couldn't belive it.. Till I seen this.. Video..
Klue
Master - Level 1

The only scenario I see this happening are those people who carry their phones in their back pockets and then sit on them. It won't happen to phones that are properly taken care of.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Read this: this is what I seen tonight on Inside Edition tonight but I bet as you mention most will come from users putting them in there back pocket,   I tend to put my phones in my front shirt pocket..

iPhone 6 Owners Bent Out Of Shape - News from InsideEdition.com

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

It can also happen on the front pocket when you sit. If the iPhone gets caught on the hip and they you'll get the same effect as if you are trying to bend the device with what that video protrays.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I have an Otterbox on my 6 so I guess I'm ok lol. But seriously...is this a true "defect"? Or is it what was intended? Haven't looked at the video or anything nor did I notice anything strange the few days I had my phone without a case. Bet if it becomes a huge issue Apple will have a LOT of replacements to make

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well that is what I was thinking as well..  Apple hasn't said anything I know of,  I'm assuming if the issue grows they address it as they did with antenna issue.. but hopefully this stay a minimal issue.. at the conclusion of the story the reporter said if your bends you can replace it, I wonder how many has run by the store for a replacement..

0 Likes
dburne
Contributor - Level 2

Yeah I was reading about this earlier today. Apparently it appear to be more of an issue with the 6 Plus versus the 6, but can happen also with the 6 if not careful. I have an Otterbox Defender case on order for my 6 due to arrive tomorrow, will be glad to get this thing protected somewhat.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I bet..  I'd be scratching like a old pooch hound  till I got mine in one if had one.. hearing all this just makes ya nervous all over..

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I was trying to wait for the Otterbox website to get the color combo of the Defender I wanted instock but it was taking too long so I just picked one up at my local VZW store. Had one on my 5 and it still looks brand new so I thought it best to stick with what I know lol

0 Likes