iPhone 6 Drop Calls and Poor Voice Connection Issues
rnaderpo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,

I have been having a lot of problems since I got my iPhone 6. I didn't have nearly the same issues with my iPhone 5. I drive around Dallas and surrounding cities all day so this is not an issue limited to my home. It happens everywhere.

1. Dropped calls.
  2. Calls that don't come through. I see voice messages from people but I do not see a missed call on my caller ID. This is my business phone so who knows how many calls I am missing from clients.
  3. Poor voice quality. Customers can't hear me or hear or me with very poor so I have to constantly hang up and call them back.
  4. Data connections has gotten worse around the city.

I have seen other people having these issues with their iPhone 6. Is there anything being done to improve this?

Thanks,

RN

Labels (1)
Re: iPhone 6 Drop Calls and Poor Voice Connection Issues
kmurano
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just set up my iPhone 6 yesterday (after having the 4s for 2 years) and my service went from fine to terrible.  my calls keep dropping and I have to stand outside my house for service.  What is going on?  (I already updated my apple software) this is a Verizon issue since my husbands android (4g) also is acting up.  zip code 02898

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I regret to see you're having trouble with your awesome new phone, rnaderpo. Have you had the opportunity to update the phone to the 8.1 update that was released this week? Do you happen to have any type of case on your new phone? We'll find a way to get you back to enjoying your device and our service again.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
Daveband

I am also having trouble with calling/texting, receiving and calling or sending.  I was at work on a land line talking to a guy from Verizon, after that it seemed to work good but a day later, it's not working good again.   my iPhone 5 didn't have a problem but my new iPhone 6 not good.   I've removed the sim card and reinserted it.  I've powered off and on tonight.   removed the cover I bought and still problems.  display has been showing 1 or 2 dots for coverage and Verizon's map shows very good coverage for me.

0 Likes
giants10kyle
Contributor - Level 1

Update to iOS 8.1. It should fix everything

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want your phone to work as intended Daveband! Please reset network settings http://vz.to/1u6XCXU and test. Also make sure that you have the latest iOS version (8.1) installed. Do you experience this service/signal issues in a particular place? Do you notice any improvement out doors?

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
PhantomFlow

I just got the iPhone6 (gray) ios 8.3 model MG632LL/A on 5/8/15. 5 dropped calls in 4 days, the most I've ever had with Verizon. I reset network settings as instructed, but my signal strength is still weak (1-2 bars vs 3-4 with the iPhone 4S) and during conversations I get the metallic voice chop out routine. Is this a phone-antenna problem? If so, can I boost the antenna or shall I go back to an earlier iPhone? Thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I can certainly see why you're concerned about this sudden change in services, PhantomFlow. One thing to keep in mind is that the number of bars displayed on the 4s would have been for 3G service only and that the iPhone 6 has both 3G and 4G LTE signals but will generally show the number or 4G bars, so the signal strength between the two will vary. One other big difference is the iPhone 6's ability to use that 4G service to place and receive calls instead of using the previous 3G. Please go into Settings > Cellular > Enable LTE > and see if it's set for Voice & Data or Voice Only. Try the phone with either setting (rebooting after selecting the change and backing out to the main screen) to see if you notice a difference with the calls. Also, please let us know if there's a particular zip code that you're noticing these dropped calls.

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Andjj

Both my wife and I upgraded to iPhone 6 this past weekend after years on non-smart phones. So far we have been terribly disappointed.  We're experiencing the same poor reception problems described here and in many other places on the Internet.  Our phones are all but unusable as phones.  I've tried the different settings described here to no affect.  I don't think it's Verizon since reception was fine (mostly in 02840/02835 for the past year) with the old phones.  I also don't think it's one bad phone since we're both having the same problem with two brand new phones.  So what is our recourse? These iPhone 6s are great little computers, but they are horrible phones.  Since we actually got them primarily to be phones, this is a huge problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Andjj,

We want you to enjoy the new iPhones for it's phone capabilities as well as the data. What is going on with the phone while you are on calls? What different setting have you tried? Please share the details.
Both you and your wife deserve phones that work well. I would like to let you know since you just received the phones you are able to exchange them within the first 14 days. You would have to return them from where purchased, make sure you have everything that came with the phones, and the restocking fee per line would apply of $35.00.

TionnaB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes