iPhone 6 (IOS 10.2.1) battery drains suddenly
SMARTTECHCONSULT
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why does my iPhone 6 (IOS 10.2.1) battery drain suddenly; regardless of usage and/or Wi-Fi, Bluetooth or Cellular Status?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 6 (IOS 10.2.1) battery drains suddenly
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no! We are sorry to learn of the battery issue. Let's look into this. When did this start? Did the software recently upgrade?

AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SETSIL47

The battery can be fully charged and it drains very quickly

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No worries SETSIL47, we will be sure to get to the bottom of this. How long would you say the battery lasts after you unplug it from being fully charged? Is there any physical and/or liquid damage to the phone?

ErinW_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LARWEB71

From Full charge to 1% in less than 15 minutes.

it sometimes just up and dies even with a charge of any amount on it. When that happens and I try to turn it back on it shows a dead battery. I usually have to plug the charge cord in to it to get it to turn back on and when it does come back on it shows whatever charge amount was originally on it when it died ( it’s done that with as much as an 85% charge)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LARWEB71,

Having your battery drain this fast is quite concerning. Let's review some things so we can figure this out. About how long has this battery draining problem been happening for? (A few days? A few weeks?) From the descriptions below, would you describe yourself as a "Heavy User", "Moderate User" or a "Light User"?

Heavy User
• Frequent use of streaming services (i.e. Pandora, YouTube, Play Music, etc.)
• Frequent use of applications (i.e. Games, Facebook, Instagram, Maps, etc.)
• Frequent web browsing, texting, email, or phone calls.
• Frequent use of Bluetooth, GPS, or Wi-Fi.

Moderate User
• Occasional, light, or no use of streaming services (i.e. Pandora, YouTube, Play Music, etc.)
• Occasional or light use of applications (i.e. Games, Facebook, Instagram, Maps, etc.)
• Occasional or light browsing, texting, email, or phone calls.
• Occasional or light use of Bluetooth, GPS, or Wi-Fi.

Light User
• Very light, or no use of streaming services (i.e. Pandora, YouTube, Play Music, etc.)
• Very light to no use of applications (i.e. Games, Facebook, Instagram, Maps, etc.)
• Very light to no browsing, texting, email, or phone calls.
• Very light to no use of Bluetooth, GPS, or Wi-Fi.

Apple has recently announced information about their iPhone battery & device performance. Please click here for more information: http://apple.co/2lu7b49 I would like to also pass along this link that provides some tips on how to maximize the battery life: http://apple.co/2ConUkc

AliciaS_VZW

0 Likes